My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday's Update:

I haven't posted with words for awhile so I thought that while I waited for my hair to dry, I'd do just that. I've got a lot on my mind tonight- not bad things, just things. You see, since this whole MRSA saga began, I have been living in a complete and utter haze. I haven't had the time/energy/desire to do much of anything. This definition of anything includes cleaning, cooking, laundry, and all things work related. Yesterday was the first day in 2 weeks that I actually cooked my husband and son a dinner that didn't come out of a box (agh...). I was so proud of myself for having a "normal", full-functioning day. I was elated that I had a wonderful day at work, that I didn't need a nap to get through the day, that I went out to lunch with my mom, ran errands, had dinner ready and waiting for Sean when he got home, helped out a friend, and that I had my son in clean jammies and fast asleep by 7:30. Yesterday was good.

Today was great. I had William at the doctor's office, Starbucks in hand, by 9:00 for his last-minute appointment (mama was right, he had an ear infection...thankyouverymuch). I did take a nap after running errands, but only because we had an awful night with William due to his inner ear pain. I did, however, pick up baby boy's prescription, get the two of us lunch, run to the post office, and deposit a check that's been in my wallet for over a week! We also had a wonderful evening with friends celebrating Cinco de Mayo at the best Mexican restaurant in town (ahem, Plaza). I mean, can it get any better than that??

My arm is still healing beautifully and I am due to finish up my antibiotic tomorrow. Ten days of that medicine and I cannot wait to get it out of my system! Please pray that I will remain healthy once I am off of it. I am afraid that once it is out of my system, even though the nausea and exhaustion will have ceased, I will stop progressing.

Well, friends, my hair is nearly dry so I think it's safe to go to bed.
Remember, my new plan of showering in the p.m. so that getting ready in the a.m. goes smoothly??
...It would be brilliant if I wasn't able to do math in my sleep! When the alarm goes off, I always calculate how much longer I can sleep up to the last possible second. Silly girl, when will I learn?
Hope you all have a wonderful night and an even better tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment