My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Name that baby!

Ok, blogees (since I'm the blogger that makes you the bloggee...right??), I need your help. Because you are so loyal and loving towards our family, we are coming to you for advice. I know, I know, you've been listening to me for so long that you thought you'd never get a word in edge-wise!

Here's the deal: Even before we got pregnant with William, we knew his name. We had our girl name and we had our boy name. The very day that we found out we were having a boy, we referred to him as William Parker. I loved forming that special bond with my baby and so did my husband. As a matter of fact, when William was born (screaming and crying) his Grammy said his name and he immediately stopped and looked at her.

He. knew. his. name.

A name is such an important thing to me and that brings me to the part where I need your help. You see, we've got our girl's name, but we can't seem to come up with another boy's name. I know that I have plenty of time in the grand scheme of things to pick out a name, but I like to be prepared. I like to say the name aloud. I like to write it on scraps of paper. I just plain like the idea of having a name picked out- it just makes the whole thing more real.

Sean and I have chosen Madelyn Paige as our girl name and would like something similar for our boy's. So far these are the names we can agree on (somewhat), but can't seem to strike anything that makes us go "ahaaaa!":

-Mason
-Isaac (I don't like it as a first name because it can't be abbreviated)
-Jackson (Jack for short)

See? We're hopeless, and since Sean's convinced we're having a boy, we'd better come up with something! Please feel free to send me a comment with your name suggestion (it doesn't have to be one off the loooooong list either). Thanks so much for your help and I look forward to seeing what you all have to say!

Have a great night and an even better tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. My boy name is Nathan Tyler. But I'm convinced we will have only girls, so feel free to use it! I also like Jackson, Joshua, and Luke. You could use Zak as a nickname for Isaac, I've hear that done before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean Stephen; Use a grand-dad name...I forget your Dad's dad's name. Or Stephen Earl; great family name! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cousin Isaac who goes by Ike. I LOVE the name Parker... that is my middle guys name :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. James Kenneth and call him Jake...only because I know how much Sean likes it :)

    hey...Wipa stuck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha thanks everyone, espically you, Casey! that got a really good chuckle out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sean Preston is cute if you want a Sean jr. and you could just call him Preston.

    ReplyDelete