My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Monday, May 25, 2009

Funny the way it is...

Hey there, friends. I have pictures from our weekend to share with you, but those will have to wait until tomorrow. For now, I'd like to share a couple random thoughts with you. First off, one of my favorite groups, Dave Matthew's Band, has a new song out and I absolutely love it. As you know, I'm a fan of irony and all things that make one say "Hmmmm....". Just take a gander at these lyrics, they really get you thinking (the most moving lines, to me, are in bold):



Lyin’ in the park

On a beautiful day

Sun shine in the grass

And the children play

Siren’s passin

Fire engine’s red

Someone’s house is burning down

On a day like this



The evening comes and we’re hangin’ out

On the front step

And a car goes by with the windows rolled down

And that war song is playin “why can’t we be friends?”

Someone's screamin’ and cryin’ in the apartment upstairs

Funny the way it is



And if you think about it

Somebody’s goin’ hungry

And someone else is eatin’ out



Funny the way it is

Whether right or wrong

Somebody’s heart is broken

And it becomes your favorite song



The way your mouth feels in a lover’s kiss

Like a pretty bird on a breeze

Or water to a fish

But a bomb blast brings the building crashin’ to the floor

Hear the laughter while the children play war



Funny the way it is

And if you think about it

One kid walks 10 miles to school

While another’s droppin’ out



Funny the way it is

No matter right or wrong

On a soldier’s last breath

His baby’s being born



Standin’ on a bridge

Watch the water passin’ under me

It must have been much harder

When there was no bridge just water

Now the world is small

Remember how it used to be

With mountain, and oceans, and winter’s, and river’s and stars



Watch the sky the jetplanes

So far out of my reach

Is there someone up there lookin’ down on me?

Boy chase a bird

So close but everytime

He never catch her

But he can’t stop trying



Funny the way it is

And if you think about it

One kid walks 10 miles to school

While another’s droppin’ out



Funny the way it is

No matter right or wrong

On a soldier’s last breath

His baby’s being born



Funny the way it is

No matter right or wrong

Somebody’s broken heart

And it becomes your favorite song



Funny the way it is

And if you think about it

One kid walks 10 miles to school

While another’s droppin’ out



Standin’ on a bridge

Watch the water passin’ under me

It must have been much harder

When there was no bridge just water

Now the world is small

Remember how it used to be

With mountain, and oceans, and winter’s, and river’s and stars







See???



It got you thinking, didn't it? How many times have you been at a picnic, the zoo, a park, or anywhere else fun with your family and you suddenly heard the sound of sirens in the background? Do you give them a second thought? While you're having the time of your life, someone else could be fighting for theirs. It's the way life is and yet it completely boggles my mind. Irony.



I challenge you stop what you're doing for just a moment to pray for whomever may be in that ambulance, or for the recipient of that fire engine. I just think that we should all become a little less oblivious to the world around us...I too am quite guilty of this. Ok, that's it, I'm off my soap box.



Wait, no I'm not. I have one more thing to comment about. As you know, I mostly just blog about my adorable sunshine, Wip, but I actually have some "celebrity" gossip to comment on. The only reason I decided to blog about this is because I am genuinely upset about this, as silly as it sounds. Oh yeah, if you haven't guessed yet, I'm talking about Jon and Kate.



I have loved and followed this family since the beginning of their sextuplet's story, 5 years ago. I watched all the specials early on, I've read their books, and I've seen all the episodes. Kate was even the one who turned me onto eating Organic. Seriously, I love this family. I know that Kate can be overbearing to some, but I absolutely adored her and Jon's relationship and the way they interacted. It was real.



This is why I'm so upset that they are in the situation that they are. I watched the season premier tonight (of course), and it was just the saddest thing to see. Jon has changed. Kate has changed. I mean, I know that I don't actually know these people, but after watching their lives for 5 years, you feel like you are a part of their clan. Just look at Kate 5 years ago. She was a true mama- belly fat, no make-up, sweat pants, you get the idea. Flash forward to now: she's freakin' hot! I'm happy that she hasn't let herself go, but you can just see how she's evolved into a star, for lack of better words, since the show has gotten bigger.



I'm seriously considering not watching the show anymore because it's not uplifting, inspirational, and lighthearted- as it once was. I sincerely hope that they can work whatever issues they have out, because they are real people, with real lives, and real children.



Ok, that's it for me. Thanks for reading about my silly reality TV obsession. I know Sean's sick of hearing about it!!

I hope, as usual, you have a great night and an even better tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about Jon and Kate. I have watched them from the beginning. At the end of last season it seemed apparent that Jon didn't want to do the show anymore and I wish that Kate would have realized that and let it go. I hope they can repair the marriage and stay together. But I noticed in the season premiere that they both talked of being there for the kids, but never mentioned each other. And he didn't even help plan the 5th birthday party for the kids!

    ReplyDelete