My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sigh....

I'm going to have to keep this short, friends, because my brain is absolutely fried.



Today was definitely not what I thought it would be. I had not planned on spending part of my Mother's Day in the ER with Sweet Boy, but that's what we had to do. While in the 11:00 service at church, I received a page from the nursery. I simply thought that William was fussy/maybe got a little bump on his leg...you know something just a kiss and hug could make all better. Well, upon arriving to the nursery I see William, in one of the worker's arms, with a goose-egg the size of a golf ball- smack dab on the forehead. On top of that, it was swelling so much that it had begun to split. After a mild freak-out, I grabbed the hubs, snatched up the diaper bad, and flew to the ER.



We were absolutely blessed to be directed to the one that we went to. Belle Harbor is a brand new ER that got us in, out, and cat-scanned in an hour. Seriously?! That was amazing. William is fine (thank you, Jesus), and just as a whopper of a bruise and some steri-strips to show for it.



The rest of our day went as planned: lunch at Catch 31 with my parents, grandparents, brothers, etc., and a nice afternoon on the beach (which come to find out, William lovessss). Even though the doctors told me my son was fine, I still felt an awful knot in the pit of my stomach the rest of the day. To tell you the truth, friends, the knot's still there.



I had planned on posting our strawberry pickin' pics tonight, but that will have to wait for another day. Maybe tomorrow I'll share them as well as the ER pics with you. For now, please pray that William will heal quickly and for my nerves to calm down. I also ask for you to give me words (I know what you're thinking, I never run out of those). I am quite uncomfortable with the current nursery situation at our church and, while I am quick to admit that, I am not sure how to approach it. William will not be returning to the nursery because this is not the first time he's gotten hurt (it certainly is the worst though). I pray that this will not affect our church attendance and that we can figure out a logical way to calm our reservations and fears.



I hope you all had a great Mother's Day and an even better tomorrow,



p.s. Don't think that just because I had MRSA, that my jam is tainted! Go ahead, get yourself a jar! ;)

3 comments:

  1. I too spent part of the day in the ER! My daughter has been sick since Wednesday, with vomiting, and we were concerned about her becoming dehydrated. She's doing better now. I hope William's head heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ronda, I'm so sorry to hear that! I sincerely hope she's feeling better!! Love and prayers!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, boys get bumps all the time. He'll be fine and there will be another bump in a while for you to worry over.

    ReplyDelete