My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Friday, May 22, 2009

Just call me Fertile Myrtle!


As some of you may already know, Sean and I just found out that we are expecting our second child. I wanted to wait to let everyone know until I had the doctor's official confirmation...which I do as of today! We are beyond thrilled (despite all of the questions, concerns, fears I have running through my head) and I couldn't wait any longer to share the good news. Of course William has no clue what's going on...just wait though!

I'm not going to get started on my list of concerns, not now at least, because I want to focus on the miracle inside of me. By the way, my due date is January 25th, so that puts me at 4 weeks 3 days. I know, I know, it's really early and I probably shouldn't be telling anyone yet, but how else am I going to have you pray for my sweet baby? Exactly.

Just in case you were wondering, Sean and I had decided that once William turned a year, we would let God take the lead and decide when it would be right for us to have another baby. I'm not even kidding, our first "try" we succeeded. Holy moly! So even though I am worried, and even though I am scared, I know that God wanted us to have this child and he will provide. Please keep our family in your prayers, as we have a lot of changes ahead!




P.S. I will leave you with one specific prayer concern:

We are in the process of trying to wean William because I am just not comfortable nursing him too far into my pregnancy. He typically nurses 4 times a day, and for the past 2 days I've swapped 2 feeding out with a bottle of warm whole milk. My GYN suggested that I try that for awhile to reduce my milk supply then we can move to one or none. Please pray for peace and encouragement for me as we go through this process, and that William will adjust well.




*MRSA Update: It's gone and the baby's fine. I was completely off of my antibiotic before getting pregnant. No worries there.

5 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!! Congratulations to you both!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! My oldest had just turned one when we found out that we were expecting our second! I was also still nursing... I actually nursed our oldest until a couple months before I delivered #2, and I nursed #2 until I was about 3-4 months pregnant with #3. :) I always laugh at the people who say you can't get pregnant when breastfeeding. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I followed a link from a comment on Little April Rose, and felt compelled to comment that you do NOT have to wean him if you don't want to. Typically at that age, the older child will naturally wean in the 2nd trimester due to changes in the milk (both supply and flavor.) Please contact your local LLL for more info, but do whatever is right for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, your family is in our prayers! good luck and your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO HAPPY for you both and for William! It is truly a blessing to have your little ones so close together. It may be hard at first, but the minute they become friends, it just gets easier and easier!

    Come and rub some of that fertility off on me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete