My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Smiling through the pain!

Heads up: this post is going to be short. I am currently typing with one hand and one eye. I'm also "watching" Grey's...that is where my full attention is being given. Anyhoo...you probably want to know what happened at the doctor today. I wish I had more information to give, but I really won't know more until tomorrow. The specimen that they sent to the lab wasn't able to be tested so we had to send another. Hopefully tomorrow we'll know if it's MRSA or not. Dr. G is being proactive though and treating me as if it is "the MRSA" (as I fondly call it). That brings me to another another sucky part of my day...the medicine for MRSA. Someone please tell me why on God's green Earth would ANY medicine cost $250 for 10 pills?? Needless to say, I flipped. Luckily my lovely hubby saved the day by getting Dr. G on the phone and having him call in a cheaper prescription. The millionaire's meds would be a sure fire bet and get rid of anything, but the poor man's pills are in the same family and will probably do the trick. Keep in mind before you think I'm compromising my health, we don't even know if I have "the MRSA" yet...

Basically I just had the packing removed from my arm and was given instructions on how to clean it, etc. I was also given this cool sleeve thing so I don't have to use annoying tape anymore. I go back tomorrow to see how my eye is doing. I it's not any better, Dr. G will have to numb my eyeball and drain the stye with a needle. YUCK! Please, please, please pray that this will not have to happen. Pray that the new meds will get rid of the infection and my eye and arm will heal quickly and on their own without further intervention. As we speak, errr as I type, I have a warm compress rigged up to my eye (hot pink headbands come in handy when you need both hands to type, eat popcorn, look through the latest edition of PARENTS, you know...the usual). Anyway, hopefully the heat will draw the nasties out and make me a new woman by morning! If not, at least I'll have baby soft eyelids!

Well, I just heard Sean pull up. He's got the poor man's pills and a vitamin water. Oh, I love him. Did I mention that he's cleaning my wound until I can bare to do it?? Ahhh...my hero.

I hope this post makes sense... I can't reread it with one eye! If not, cut me some slack...I'm lame.

-Erin

1 comment:

  1. Oh! My poor cousin Erin, Patricia just sent me the link to your blog...I am so sorry you are going through all this but I am sure God will heal you back to the GREAT mother you are! Also, if you need a good eye doctor you can always come ot Cville & Patricia can ask the cute doctor at here work to check you out!! HA HA! Anyhoo, hope you get better soon! Love, Your favorite cousin Heather

    ReplyDelete