My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh MRSA, MRSA me!!!

Ok, so here's the deal: I hate MRSA.

I hate that it makes me take drugs that make me feel sick to my stomach.

I hate that it takes me away from my boys because I am so exhausted.

I hate that I have zero energy in the morning and loads at night.

I hate that tomorrow I have to get poked and prodded (again) by Dr. G

Most of all I hate my attitude...

Therefore, I am going to put on my rose colored glasses and try to see the good in this whole situation. Here's the thing I love about MRSA (that's right, you heard me... I said love):

I love that MRSA has taught me patience, gratitude, hope, and that I'm not in charge...not by a long shot. God is in complete control and worrying will not change that for one second. I was never in charge, nor will I ever be. Therefore, I have allowed myself to turn over all my worries, concerns, anxiety to the Lord. God has been so good to us, and even though MRSA sucks (hey, I had to say it), it was definitely a blessing in disguise.

I'm going back to work tomorrow. I could have gone today, but wanted to give my eye an extra day to heal (which it did...yay!). The arm is looking good (well, it still looks like a *GSW) and I pray that Dr. G agrees.

*Gun Shot Wound

Please pray for my continued healing, as well as my appointment tomorrow. If I was a worrier then I would be anxious about having to take a stronger antibiotic (and thus have to wean William). Fortunately I am not worried. I am praying hard that this current medicine will do the trick and I ask that you would do the same. I also ask that you keep Sean in your prayers as he is preparing for his test on Thursday. He is studying as we speak...what a good little student!

Let's hope, make that pray, that I have more energy in the morning....after all, I have sixteen kiddos waiting for me! I am soooo excited to see them again!


1 comment:

  1. Erin... I am so sorry to hear about this! You poor thing! We miss you and hope to see you back soon! Get better!

    ReplyDelete