My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Showers...

The past couple of days I've been a bit "off" and I can't quite explain why. Maybe it's because I still don't know what the summer holds for me, or maybe it's that all our medical bills are stacking up and our Health Savings Account only has so much in it, or perhaps it's the weather. I am a weather girl. If it's sunny, I'm sunny. If it's cloudy, then you've got it, I'm an Eeyore. I think that my least favorite is when the weather is in between... you know, the "it's not quite sunny, but it won't just go ahead and rain so that it can be over with" type of weather. The past couple of days have matched that profile. Mood wise and weather wise. I have been so in need of a gorgeous 75 degree day where I can wear my summer skirts and flip-flops. I tried forcing it, and adorned a jean-jacket to tone down my summer ambitions, but my heart knew it was not genuine. Oh well, maybe the weekend will bring some sunny skies for me to enjoy.
On another note, I've been changing up my routine lately by taking a shower at night and washing my hair in the morning. Morning showers are always rushed and interrupted. Night showers, however, are peaceful. While in the shower, I am able to just pour my heart out to the Lord in complete silence and privacy- two things that are quite scarce. While doing so, I like to envision all my worries and anxiety washing down the drain. I need this ritual to keep me on track. I crave to have quiet time with my Father and enjoy every moment of our conversations. As you know, I've been praying for God to help me with my worrying. I want nothing more than to be able to give every concern, every heartache, and every worry to the Lord...completely. I truly believe that that when I shower before bed, I am showering myself with God's never ending love. Our quiet time is the best part of my day (that and all the wonderful time I spend with my boys). I am so thankful for it. If you're looking for a fantastic way to end your time, try letting God shower you with peace!


Goodnight all, I've got a pretty big list for our Father....
Love,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment