My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Friday, April 24, 2009

FFFFFFFriday

It was a gorgeous day in Ghent so clothes were optional in the Hingley household. Since I have only one hand to wrestle Wipee with, it was perfectly fine with me to let him run around sporting just his diaper. After a morning of playing the Tasmanian Devil, William was definitely ready for an afternoon nap. This is what I found when I went in his room to check on my sweet, sleeping babe:

And this is the sleeping babe himself....in the nude.

After a lovely naked nap (not the norm around here...despite any rumors!), William preceded to remove his diaper again and continue his path of destruction.

Oh did this make him happy...


...Really happy.

It wasn't so long ago when this room was immaculate at all times...oh how things change!


Now, before you think I've completely lost my mind, let me fill you in on our Freaky Friday. After being home alone with William for three days, I decided that I was not going to pick up a single toy all day. I was determined to rest. Poor Hubby came home to an apartment that was littered with all things Elmo and discarded diapers. My slackness paid off, however, because my arm is doing well (and so is my eye). I feel like I'm falling apart at a slower rate now....maybe even (gasp) on the mend! The doctor said that my arm isn't much better but it's also not any worse. Keep in mind, MRSA progresses VERY quickly so this is good news. It either means that I don't have MRSA or that if I do, I am responding to the poor man's pills. Either way, this is very exciting. My eye is also healing well on it's own and needed no lancing today. Yay! Thank you for your prayers. During a mild freak-out this morning, a strange (but wonderful) peace came over me. Suddenly I knew that everything was going to be ok. I thank you for sending that peace my way.
My new prayer request is in regard to nursing Sweet Boy. After consulting about 10 medical professionals about the poor man's pills and their affect on breast milk, I got the same exact textbook answer from each. Needless to say, I was in tears from lack of encouragement. I didn't need/want to hear that "there are no studies on babies" and "weaning for 10 days then starting up again would be best". Seriously?! I could not get a straight answer to save my life. It seemed like every medical professional I asked (My surgeon, my pcp, my gyn, William's pediatrician, and two pharmacists) just read the drug manufacturer's statement off a computer screen. No one would tell me if it was dangerous. No one would tell me if it was safe. All I got was "it is in your milk". Well, duhhhh! A glass of wine is in my milk! My Zoloft is in my milk! I'm asking if it's going to hurt my baby! Finally, my dear friend Hillary called a friend who is a pharmacist and found out that it is labeled as an "X-list drug", meaning if the benefit for the mom out weighs the risk for the baby, then take it. The same goes for Zoloft. Seriously, it took me all day to find someone who would just be honest with me. FINALLY! Thank you, Hillary, for providing William and I another day of our precious bonding time. And now for my prayer request: I am supposed to call the doctor tomorrow at 11:00 to see if my lab results are in. If I do have MRSA and we find out that it is resistant to the poor man's pill, I'll have to either take the Millionaire's Meds or something stronger (possibly IV). I can nurse Wip with the Millionaire's Meds, but not with anything stronger. Please pray that I will not require any stronger meds than what I am on. We will certainly pay if it means making me healthy, but I am more concerned about having to abruptly wean William. Neither of us are ready for this.
I hope you enjoyed a peek into our Freaky, Frantic, Fantastically Funky Friday. Keep up your prayers, warriors.
xoxo,
Erin




No comments:

Post a Comment