My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Is that a twinkle in your eye? Nope, it's a stye!

OK, so here's the deal: I went to the doctor today because I've had what seems to be a spider bite on my left arm for the past 4 days. On top of that I've developed a lovely (ahem) stye on my left eye. Needless to say, I feel like God's giving me a HUGEEEE sign to slow down and stop worrying about everything. I am such a nervous wreck that I've gotten a stye for goodness sake! I've worn contacts for 13 years and make-up for almost as long, but I've never, ever gotten a stinkin' stye.

I've decided to stay home tomorrow (you're welcome, parents) for my sake as well as the kiddos in my class. I am on an antibiotic for the arm thing (which the doctor thinks is a poisonous spider bite) and antibiotic eye drops for the unsightly, unwelcome growth thingy. I go back to the doctor Friday to get the extremely painful thing on my arm rechecked. If it has not gone down, or has gotten bigger, I will have to have it lanced. I'm not exactly sure what this entails and to tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure I want to know. Ahhhh...Ignorance is bliss.

I'm doing better with the worry thing, friends, so thank you for all your prayers. I am so embarrassed about yesterday's post. I was such an emotional wreck, and desperate for your prayers. I have two prayer concerns for today, if you don't mind:

-I am not allowed to take an antibiotic that covers MRSA because I am breastfeeding. Because MRSA is commonly misdiagnosed for spider bites, (I am not worried) I am concerned that I may develop this infection. If so, I am afraid that I will have to stop nursing Sweet Boy. I loveeee nursing William and don't plan on stopping for at least 4 more months...maybe longer.

-Please also pray for my new business venture, friends. I really feel that God has led me to do this in order to spend more time with my family. Therefore, I am proud to announce that I am the newest consultant for PURSEnally Yours. This company is HOT, HOT, HOT! They are relatively new (3 years young) and growing rapidly. To find out more about the company and how you can host a party, feel free to email me at Hingleytrio@gmail.com (a PURSEnally Yours e-mail will soon be posted) or visit their website www.pursenallyyoursonline.com

Thank you for keeping me and my family close to your heart. I'll post again when I have two good eyes!

-Erin

p.s. Still praying for Sweet Stellan...are you?? Of course you are...that's why he's doing so well!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erin!
    It is so much fun to see you all grown up and with a cute little family! I love those bags... they are adorable! I am going to have to take a closer look at them when my boys go to bed for the night.
    Mandi Hess Wight

    ReplyDelete