My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bring on the rain!

Hello, friends! I decided to sit down to write a post now, during William's nap, as opposed to later this evening (you should feel special...I rarely give up my sacred nap times!). The past two days I have been a complete and utter waste of space (and I mean that in the nicest way- ha!). Yesterday I was somewhat productive- actually getting out of our apartment- today, not so much. I am out of my jammies, but you better believe that I slipped right into a pair of yoga pants and a tee!

All day I kept thinking, "I need to get into a routine, I need to get into a routine!" I'm not used to the luxury of being able to stay home all day with William, and I tend to have the mindset "well, if I'm not going anywhere and if no one's going to see me, why shower??". Maybe for sanitary reasons, Erin.

I also kept thinking, "Please rain, please rain." Why?? If you read this post, then you'll remember that I said my moods were often a reflection of the weather. I had told you that if it was sunny, so was I. If it was dreary- you've got it- I was too. Well, today, I felt the complete opposite. Weird, huh? All morning, I felt like I just needed to get it together, be happy, and take William outside. Despite my best intentions, we did not make it outside before my deep, dark, wish was granted...

It rained.

Wait, that's an understatement....it poured.

And poured.

And the thunder pounded and the lightning struck.

And among all this weather drama, I smiled. What a weirdo!

Sean and I are going to sit down tonight to make a "daily routine" list for me. I feel that since I am working in the home now, I need a set agenda each day. I never thought I would want a "clean the bathroom" day or a "laundry" day, but I most certainly do! I need a goal for each day- a purpose- a reason to shower, dress, and be productive!

If you don't mind, please pray for me friends. Pray that I will have energy, that I will be attentive to William's needs, and that we will settle into a new routine. Also, I ask that you pray for healing for Sean's leg. He went to the doctor yesterday and had his wound lanced and, fortunately, the infection had not spread as quickly as mine had. The doctor seems to think that with my injury, since there was venom involved, it took longer to heal and spread more quickly. Sean is already on the same antibiotic that I was on and is taking care of himself quite nicely (if I may say so myself!). By the way, Sean's infection was caused by an ingrown hair, not a spider bite like mine. The two cases weren't related- we're just really that random!

While on the subject of prayer requests, I'd like to update you with a praise. William is doing magnificently with the whole weaning process. He is getting plenty of fluids each day, and is even becoming attached to his bottle (as you know, that comfort is very important to me). Thank you for your continued prayers and support. We love you!

I hope you all have a great night and an even better tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad the weaning is going well. My daughter won't even touch a bottle except to play with it and give it to her baby doll! We are still nursing several times a day and she doesn't seem interested in weaning yet. Good luck with getting your routine in place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronda, thanks for the sweet comment. William was the same way about bottles. When we'd go on a date I'd have to put him to bed first because he would not take one from anyone (even with me out of sight). Praise the Lord he's taking it now when he needs to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete