My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'll have fries with that!

In an effort to culture my son, we went to the local Japanese Steak House for dinner tonight. For some reason (beyond my understanding) William was scared to death of the cook. He did not laugh at the knife/spatula tricks, was not amused by the flaming volcano, nor did he appreciate seeing the entire cooking surface turned into a screen of fire.

What's so wrong with my child that he would rather be at McDonald's than a hibachi?!? Oh, where did I go wrong? At least I got him to eat some chicken and fried rice with the chop sticks....I mean, what little boy hasn't dreamed of eating with sticks??

Let's just say that this is one of the restaurants that will be moved to the "date night" list. OK, you got me, we don't do date nights...that would just make too much sense!

Have a great night and an even better tomorrow!



p.s. I neglected to bring my camera, but William wailing isn't something you haven't seen before, I'm sure!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I am laughing hysterically now! My kids are the exact same way. They like plain, American food (with the exception of pizza). What's up with that??? How could someone who knows no yucky food have two boys that are so stinking picky???? :-) Also, sorry I have not called you back yet. We are fine, just super busy with school. I'll call you soon! Hope your appt. goes good!!

    ReplyDelete