My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Thursday, June 11, 2009

If you're worried and you know it, raise your hand! ((hand waves in air))

Well, it was bound to creep up sooner or later. You know what I'm talking about: worry. I am a self-proclaimed worry-wart extraordinaire. So far, this pregnancy has been going very smoothly. The only "morning sickness" I've had is some light waves of nausea throughout the day, and aside from being perpetually tired, I've felt great. I've been keeping up with my "Pregnancy Week-By-Week" book, just reading along to see how big my baby love gets with every day.

For some reason, today I started to have pangs of worry about the health of my baby. Why? I don't know. Well, I guess I do know, it's because I follow a lot of blogs where babies have have various genetic disorders and passed away shortly after birth. Tragedy can strike anyone and I'm starting to realize this.

I hate to feel like it's just a matter of time before "the other shoe drops" because our family is so blessed. I have to seek comfort in the fact that our dear Lord does not work that way. He doesn't let our blessings buildup then smack you with a disaster. I believe that's just not how our God works. However, I still am worried. I know this is completely normal for a pregnant mother to feel, but I am afraid of driving myself crazy. I have 32 weeks (give or take) left of pregnancy and I don't want to pace my way through it.

Please pray for me, friends. Pray that this baby will be healthy and safe, and that I will give all my worries fully and completely to the Lord. I think that one of the things that is bugging me the most is the fact that I may not have my first ultrasound until 18-20 weeks. I go to the first official appointment with my midwife next Friday where I'll find out more, but as far as I know, they only do them on a need-to- basis. It would be comforting to have checkpoints where I can see that everything's fine. Ya know??

Thank you for listening to my griping and whining- you'll never know how much I appreciate it. Thank you, thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I'm raising my hand tall and proud! You know I've been worried for over a year now with my family's situation. I know God has his plan for us...but come on, get on with it already! Hopefully the end is near!

    I was lucky with Matthew. We had to have ultrasounds done once a month because of placenta problems. It was cool to be able to check up on him every month and see how much he had changed and grown.

    You're in my prayers everyday and just so you know, you've got me hooked on the blog. Matthew asks me every morning if we are going to check out Ms. Erin's website! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in prayers, my sweet dear friend. I can help...we need to talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gripe, whine, winge and moan away.

    It's your blog!

    *hug* I hope you're enjoying the pregnancy as well though!

    ReplyDelete