My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday's Update:

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a quick Hingley family update. I've been meaning to post more, but William's baby (that's the only nickname that's stuck so far) has been keeping me in a horizontal position. I know I've heard at least a dozen women say that they didn't have "morning sickness", but rather "all day sickness". Ladies and gentlemen, that is what we have here. I have yet to "get sick", if you will, but I feel as if I am going to 24/7. Oh happy is the day that I feel like I am a human rather than a walking ball-o-gook. There ya go. That's my update....

...Here's William's:

Sweet Wip has been the best boy a mom could ask for over the past couple of days. While I have had to rest, sip on ginger ale, and munch on ginger snaps, he played quietly right next to me. I swear (even though it's quite unlady-like) that he didn't even tear out! By 9 am he usually has handed me all the pictures off every table in our home, taken all the magnets off the fridge, and peed on the floor. Thank GOD that the past couple of days he has not decided to partake in any of these activities. Other than being my angel, Wipee has played outside, gone to the pool, played with his dear friend Alie, and enjoyed a shopping trip to Trader Joes.

Sean has been healing up quite nicely and is nearly done with his antibiotic. I thought that I healed up quick until I saw Sean's progress. He is already down to one band-aid....seriously?! That's all God, baby. I am so grateful that he is feeling better (and I don't have any selfish motives...at all).

Please continue to pray for our family and William's sweet baby. He is just so stinkin' cute these days. Whenever we tell him to kiss the baby he runs over to me, pulls up my shirt, and kisses my belly (or fat pooch). I sincerely doubt that he has the slightest idea of what he is doing, but I love that he's a fast learner!

My specific prayer these days are for energy, a positive attitude, and the desire to function has a normal human being (I would totally stay in PJs all day if I could....and I do). Also, please pray for both of my baby's health, safety, and well-being....something that it never far from my mind.

I have my first official midwife appointment on Friday and I am so excited. I will definitely post with an update for you all! Have a great night and an even better tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Praying. And hoping that the reason I feel quite so odd is that I'm in the same boat as you...... Although I probably am not, a girl can hope, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have the all day sickies. Not fun!

    Anyway, to answer your question from my blog, I found the baby's heart beat with my home doppler right around 10 weeks. I think 10 weeks and 2 days.

    ReplyDelete