My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Monday, September 14, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


I know I haven't done Not Me! Monday in awhile, but I'm feeling, ahem, guilty. Here's some stuff that did not happen in the Hingley Household this week:


- I did not nearly cry tears of joy on Tuesday when we found out that our second child is a girl. I most certainly was not afraid of having 2 boys under the age of 2, and I am not naive in thinking that it will be easier with one of each!



- I also did not eat cheese fries for dinner twice this week while on my break at Gymboree. I am not addicted to the ooey- gooey, fresh cut, cheesy goodness that is making my mouth water this very moment.



- I did not put about half my paycheck's worth of clothes on hold for my kids...NOPE, NOT ME!



- Another thing that I definitely did not do was take several 2 hour+ naps with William this week. I am not tempted to crawl in bed next to my sleeping babe and snuggle until our heart's content. I also have not been letting William take naps in our bed because it's easier that way. NOT ME!



- Furthermore, I don't have a library book that's a week overdue. I did not laugh so hard that I peed my pants last night. I am not loving this lovely fall weather. I did not continue a day trip on Monday, as planned, even though William got car sick....twice. We did not have to buy him 2 new outfits and completely air out my parent's Montero, nor did I freak out. I also did not participate in a wine tasting on the Northern Neck...I also did not enjoy it (don't freak, I probably had 3 oz. total).



Hmmm....can I think of any other things that a savvy, young, twenty-something mother wouldn't do? Nope, not me!




3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your Not Me. Mothering is not for sissies, is it? Blessings on your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. napping with a baby is so precious. I love watching my girls sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete