My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Monday, September 21, 2009

Calling all bargain shoppers!!

Ok, guys, I have a question that could really use your input. Here it is: Is it ok (and by "ok", I mean, not completely tasteless and tacky) to buy some of William's Christmas gifts off Craig's List/Ebay? I bought a kitchen set for Wip off Ebay for his Birthday, but it was brand new and in the box. Recently, I found a toddler basketball hoop on Craig's List for $5 in like new condition. Most of me wants to just go ahead and get it and give it to him now...but I do that with EVERYTHING and then nothing gets held until the holiday! That got me thinking, is it tacky to get it, keep it hidden, and have it under the tree as a "Santa gift"... already put together and ready to be played with? I know he's only one and could care less, but to be honest, I don't want others to be like, "she yard sales her kid's Christmas stuff?!"....see, I do care what you, and others, think!!

4 comments:

  1. Totally fine! I would say as long as the stuff is in decent condition, go with it. I buy plenty of books and toys from consignment sales and the like because kids that young destroy things anyway! I even bought a couple of outfits for a friend's daughter's birthday at a consignment shop recently. They weren't new but are in great condition. (I questioned that one, but she's a good friend, and my feelings won't be hurt if she tells me that's ghetto.) Good luck hiding stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can get a deal now a days, get it! Hide it and it less you have to put together come Christmas eve :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! Quinn's Mama, I totally didn't want to be a ghetto mama either! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your heritage (your Mom's family) would all say get the deal and hide it until Christmas. Don't fight your DNA.

    ReplyDelete