My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Would you please keep our family in your heart?

Dear friends, I am coming to you with a prayer concern that has my heart heavy and my stomach in knots. I know that most of you are struggling in some sort of way with your finances these days, and we are no different. My prayer request is in regard to a rather sensitive subject: money.

Since the preschool goes along with the public school schedule, we are out during the summer, thus no paycheck for mama. For the past two summers I have babysat for two different families that each have two children. Those summers were not fun (to say the least), and I would love a different experience this summer. Our family's hopes were to have enough in savings so that I could just enjoy my sweet William and not have to work. Unfortunately, things have come up (new tires were needed, medical bills, etc.) and it looks like I am going to have to find a summer job.

I have been praying for months that God would continue to provide for us and that we would be able to keep afloat this summer. My request is that you would pray the same thing for us. I also ask that if it is God's will for me to have a summer job that I would be at peace with it and that it would be a good fit for our family. I want so badly to be able to stay at home with my baby this summer, but I will always do what's best for my family.

A downfall of mine is to worry about things rather than giving my problem completely to the Lord. I am working on this, but definitely still struggling. Lately I have had a sick feeling about our situation and I am definitely in need of prayer. It's very hard for me to make this prayer concern public, due to it's "hush-hush" nature, but I believe deeply in the power of prayer.

Thank you so much for your time as well as all your prayers. I am so very grateful.


Love to all,

Erin

2 comments:

  1. Always!! Remind me to share our story with you...more than what you have actually heard. You, Sean and Wipa are always in my prayers. I will most certainly add this concern to my list. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've got me curious! I love you too!!! Come home to me already!!!

    ReplyDelete