My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Friday, March 27, 2009

That easy bake oven came in handy!

I just wanted to share with you my new hobby of cake decorating. I have always hated baking, but the desire was there to like it. My solution? I make the cake a week before the event, freeze it, then decorate it when I have time to enjoy it and William's sleeping. I also bought lots of goodies to help me with my new endeavor. I have a whole kit with lots of piping bags, tips, and dyes. I also stocked up on cake boards and spatulas. Having the cool stuff makes everything better! Hope you enjoy!


Sean's 24th Birthday Cake


William's First Birthday Cake

Elmopalooza!

My dear friend Hillary's Birthday cake




2 comments:

  1. It seems decorating cakes would be a natural way to bring in more income for the summer. Let the parents know at Kinder school that you make cakes. It could be a win/win situation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I cannot believe you made those cakes yourself! Well I guess I can...I'm just super impressed because I could never do that!! I consider myself a good cook/baker but I couldn't decorate with such precision. I think the cake business could be a good little thing to bring in some extra summer cash. You work at a preschool, right? Make up some cheap fliers and spread the word there, I bet there are some summer birthdays or fourth-of-july picnics that could use your handiwork! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete