My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hellllllllo, blogger!

Over the past couple of weeks our family has been quite out of the loop (for several reasons that you'll have to read on to find out). I think that the easiest way to tackle all that we've been up to, is to do a little write-up on each of member of our family:

Sean has been continuing the daily grind, so to speak, and has been a HUGE help with Wip when he gets home. On the weekends, Sean and my dad have found something to get themselves into- leaving me to have the bed to myself! I don't mind him having some weekend fun, provided I get a nap the following day! We've also been preparing for Sean's college roommates to arrive next weekend for their "Roommate Reunion"...some of them we haven't seen in a year and both of us are ever so excited to see them again.

William has been busy getting a bruise a day...sometimes two! He's been completely weaned now for over a month and has almost all of his one year molars in (he won't let me check and see exactly how many). Our Sweet Wip is also sleeping through the night every night (praise the Lord!) and has plenty of energy by day (can I get some coffee?). William has also enjoyed spending time with his Grammy each Monday while I watch my friend's kids for her to work. He gets lots of one-on-one time with his bestest while I get to spend time with the older kids...it's a nice combo.

As for me, I've been muddling through. Ok, ok, I shouldn't say that. I'm doing very well now, but it's been such a hard past month. Since the beginning of July I've had two bouts of MRSA, two wounds that needed draining, packing, and antibiotics, and two very expensive trips to Dr. G. As of my last appointment, our baby is doing very well and has a nice, strong heartbeat. William had a wave of peace and serenity pass over him the second he heard his baby's heartbeat. It was such a special moment- they have a bond forming already! Since I was twelve weeks, we've been able to consistently locate the baby's heartbeat (despite how far back that little booger is laying) and it's so reassuring to hear. When I wasn't having adverse reactions to pain meds, or laying completely flat to avoid nausea, I was considering finding a part-time job. Isn't it funny how when you're not really looking for something, that's when God implements his BIG plan for you? I ended up getting hired by Gymboree to work part-time, starting next week. I haven't done retail since high school/college, but I always enjoyed it (and the discount!), and I am excited to see where this journey leads me.

Thank you for being patient with me while I got our family (errr mainly my health) issues straight. You knew I would come back sometime, didn't you?? Be honest. You did.

I promise to post more often and to maybe even get a picture of Sweet Wip in! You never know!

Have a great night, and even better tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. How are you doing? I hope the infections are starting to get better. Hang in there! Wondering if you are on Twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The infections are all cleared up- waiting to hear back from the infectious disease Dr. My twitter name is hingleytrio- look me up, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you! I'm missy_roro on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete