My journey through motherhood and this little thing we call life...

Thursday, February 19, 2009

MIA no more.......

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post, but we have been quite busy! For the first time since my little Wipee was born, the "real" Erin has returned. Our days have been filled with Jazzercise and Gymboree classes, shopping, meeting friends for lunch, and sharing lots and lots of smiles. Though there are still some rough days, as I'm sure you all can relate to, I have learned how to deal with them instead of letting them take over my life.
I have been quite busy planning William's first Birthday party and I don't know who's more excited....me or him?? We just sent out his invitations today and I felt just the slightest twinge of sadness as I dropped each one in the mailbox. Despite my complete excitement to celebrate William's first year of life (and my ability to have gotten through it), I can't help but think about the fact that my baby is only growing older and bigger every day. He'll never be that 7 lb. 20 in. fuzz ball that he was in the hospital. Oh, how I miss that. On the other hand, I'll never have to go through that three month nursing strike again with him! I guess that's how life is though...full of "on the other hand" instances.
I've fallen off the wagon with my "abundance list". I hate that. I was doing so good until we spent a couple of nights away from home...that really threw me off. Even though I don't write down my daily list anymore, I still think of the wonderful blessings that God has given to me daily. I'm hoping to pick it back up during Lent... I think it would be a nice addition to the season. Speaking of Lent, I have decided to give up, well not give up... more like limit, my Facebook usage. Instead of checking Facebook every day (sometimes more than once....orrrr twice....orrrrrr 3 times) I plan on checking it only once on Saturday. Whenever I have a facebook urge (goodness I sound like an addict), I plan on praying, doing a devotional, or spending quality time with Sean or Wip. I'll still be posting to my blog...updating you on my progress and such. Don't worry though...to stay in touch with the outside world, I'll be Facebooking it once a week! :-)
Hope all is well with you and yours...
-Erin, Sean, and my little L.L. Cool Wip.

No comments:

Post a Comment